Grid Feature

Please submit all bug reports here.
Please search for your issue first to see if it has already been submitted.
Maxheadspace

Grid Feature

Postby Maxheadspace » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:23 am

Greetings Tom!

I've been trying to use the grid feature on Sidepilot, but my Solo is flying too fast for my camera, a Survey2. I have the camera set to take photos at 1 second intervals, but in reality that comes out to a photo about every 4 seconds, due to resetting and such. My Solo is flying so fast that it flies out of good overlap range, making my maps come out poorly. Is there a way to adjust the Solo's speed for grid-mode?

Also, I get a weird spike in my grids when I finish them. As in, I create a square box, and I usually get a leg that shoots way outside the box. Which I normally wouldn't care about, but recently I had someone call the cops on me when my Solo shot over their yard while executing a grid! :o

Attached is a screen shot:
Attachments
Grid.jpg

Tom
Site Admin

Re: Grid Feature

Postby Tom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:28 am

Hi Max,

To change the speed, lower the WPNAV_SPEED parameter, I believe stock is 1500cm/s. I do have plans to Have this as an option when doing missions in the future.

Sometimes the grid generation stuffs up (need to find time to go over it again) and will create those spikes. To fix it just go to the waypoint menu and delete that point, or if you disconnect then reconnect to Solo it will load the grid as normal waypoints which you can then delete from the map.

If you need anything else let me know!

Cheers,
Tom

Maxheadspace

Postby Maxheadspace » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:38 pm

By changing the parameter, I assume you mean in Mission Planner. Will that affect any other speed characteristics when flying things such as smart shots?

Thanks Tom!

Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Maxheadspace wrote:By changing the parameter, I assume you mean in Mission Planner. Will that affect any other speed characteristics when flying things such as smart shots?

Thanks Tom!

Nope, SidePilot can change the parameter too, just go to the 'Parameters' menu.

I'f you using the stock app for smart shots then I don't think it will affect them, if your using SidePilot's shots then yes it will affect those so best to put it back afterwards

Cheers!

Return to “Bug Reports”